Learn more about LifePoint Church
HELPING PEOPLE KNOW AND LOVE GOD MOST, SO THEY CAN KNOW AND LOVE THEMSELVES AND OTHERS BEST.
Who we are
LifePoint is a non-denominational church that exists to help people know and love God most so they can know and love themselves and others best. We’re a big church that feels small, has fun and welcomes everybody.
Where we come from
LifePoint has served Northern Nevada for over 20 years and we’re just getting started. We’re proud to be an engaging church that has focused on serving our community, providing care that equips and connecting people to God and others.
Where we're headed
We’re all about helping you take your Next Step. We think everyone has one whether you’re an atheist, a Christian or somewhere in between – and we want to help. Our goal for the future isn’t to be a bigger church, but to help you live a greater story.
What we believe
– The One Eternal God, Creator, and Ruler of All, exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Spirit. So we will: Love and Obey God. 1 Peter 1:1-3, Romans 1:20, John 14:6-7
– God, The Spirit, guides people toward God and lives in Christ followers, empowering them to live transformed lives. So we will: Live surrendered lives empowered by The Spirit. John 16:7-15, Acts 4:1-8, 1 Corinthians 6:19, 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
– God, The Faithful Father, in His justice and mercy, desires a loving relationship with all. So we will: Love God and all people with justice and mercy. 1 Corinthians 8:4-6, John 3:16-17, Isaiah 30:18, Isaiah 55:7
– God reveals himself through His inspired word, the Bible, the final authority for living transformed lives in relationship with Him and others. So we will: Spend time listening to God through His word and live as it directs. Hebrews 4:12; 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Romans 13:1-2, 2 Samuel 22:31, Psalm 119:130, Isaiah 55:1-7
– God The Son, Jesus Christ, became human, lived a sinless life, was crucified, buried and raised to heal our broken relationship with God, now and for eternity. So we will: Help people live in a restored relationship with God through Jesus. Philippians 2:6-11, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 4:15, John 19:16-17, 38-42, John 20:1-8, John 3:16
– The Church, the unified community of Christ-followers joining in God’s work on earth. So we will: Work together to develop and equip Christ-followers who do God’s work on earth. Ephesians 4:3-6, 11-16, Romans 12:4-5, 1 Corinthians 1:10
– All people are created to worship only God by honoring Him in everything they think, say, and do. So we will: Live lives that honor God above all else. Exodus 3:14-19, Romans 12:1-2, 1 Corinthians 10:31, Psalm 95:6-7
– In prayer Christ-followers experience communion with God so they can participate with His perfect will and ultimate power. So we will: Be a people of prayer, seeking God’s will and power in everything we do. Ephesians 3:14-19, 1 John 5:14-15, Matthew 17:20, 1 Peter 3:12, James 5:16, Matthew 5:6
– That communion and baptism are declarations of our restored relationship with God. So we will: Celebrate believer’s communion and believer’s baptism regularly. Matthew 3:13-17, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26